Friday, August 7, 2009

We Love Starbucks and Starbucks Loves Us :)

Today we treated the children to hot chocolate at Starbucks for a job well done. The children know Starbucks as the place where their Aunties and Uncles always stop for their "happy juice." One lonely man sat on his laptop when we entered the building and filled the tables inside with smiles and excited laughter. I am sure those Starbucks employees did not come into work this morning expecting to have 22 Ugandan children walk into their store, but boy were they thrilled. Mo leaned over to me when he got his hot chocolate and said. "Auntie I thought we were getting coffee and I was really excited!" Yea right! I told him he has enough energy without caffeine and the reason I drink it is because I need the caffeine to keep up with him! I snapped some photos of the children enjoying their drinks and then they crammed in front of the counter to sing the thank you song to the workers. "Thank you very much for the (sip) and the yum yum!" went over very well. On the way out we apologized to the one other customer for invading his calm world. In return he asked if we take donations and handed me a ten dollar bill :) It's small moments like this that make tour so much fun. It doesn't take much to bless one person or ten people or a hundred people...we enjoy it. The following are a few pics from our Sbux escapade. Check out Facebook for more..











1 comment:

Stacy said...

I can't get on FB right now, but I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Sounds like you had a blast! Blessings!