Sunday, December 13, 2009

Final Days

There have been many lasts these past couple weeks, but tonight was the finally the "real" last concert. I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to do this Christmas event with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra as our last event. It's been such an honor to rub shoulders with world class musicians and singers. The children have made us so proud this past week. They have sang their little hearts out and they have impressed people who are far more educated and professional than they are. N'Kenge, the Broadway soloist who sang in the show with the children, just about knocked their socks off. She was gorgeous and had a brilliant soprano voice. I found Peace after the concert writing a letter to her tonight. She said "I love Auntie N'Kenge. I want to be just like her when I grow up. I am going to come back and visit her at her house." She said it with the most genuine childlike eagerness and faith. I promised to get the letter to N'Kenge.
As the children sang "Love in Any Language" tonight I geared up for the tears to come...but they didn't. When the entire cast and the whole theatre stood up to sing White Christmas at the end I got a little lump in my throat and I was sure I would cry, but somehow I didn't. This whole week I have been anticipating tears but it hasn't happened. I just pray they don't come at the most inopportune times.


Two days left now. That's when it really hits home. I appreciate your prayers for all of us as we prepare to go separate ways.

No comments: