Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In memory of my Grandmother

This blog entry is dedicated to the memory of my Grandmother. It's been 10 years (on Dec 22nd) since God took her to be with Him. I imagine she is having a party with him today, worshiping him and loving life. As the children were rehearsing this morning, and the rain was pouring down outside, I decided to be suzie homemaker (as my mom would say). Clad in an apron, I set to work baking chocolate chip cookies and banana bread. As I was cracking eggs, measuring flour, stirring with a wooden spoon, and scooping out dough, I thought of my Grandma. She was the best cook ever. Many of my childhood memories involve baking cookies or pies with her. As I was baking this morning I wondered if she could see me and if she would be proud of how I've learned to cook and am now feeding 30 people at a time. I love to cook, though I haven't had much opportunity until now. The kids have paid me many compliments which is very encouraging as a developing cook :). I hope that I inherited Grandma's cooking skills and I hope that someday my grandchildren can say boldly that I was a great cook. I love you and miss you Grandma. Can't wait to see you again someday!

No comments: