Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A portrait of my day...

I stole this idea from somebody else's blog, so I can't take the credit, but I like it so I am going to copy the idea :)

Outside my window: two hammocks strung between the tree, an old sailboat mast, and a giant 2x4 that my brother and friend put up for us to enjoy lazy summer days and nights!

I am thinking: I wish I had more energy and better health to be at a party tonight, but I don't so I am left at home pondering how to spend my evening.

From the kitchen: the smell of boiling peach syrup is wafting into my room. Mom has bought over 300 lbs of fresh peaches in the last week and h
as been canning, making jam and syrup, and giving them away. Yummy!

I am wearing: jeans that I can't decide if I like, and a grey shirt with flowing sleeves that my brother Andy says look like wings :)

I am reading: The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. Very thought provoking and inspiring.

I am hoping: that I will soon find out what these health issues are so I can get back to normal life and have energy and not be light headed.

I am hearing: the loud thundering of the dryer that sounds like a rocket ship ready to take off.

I am creating: a surprise for someone special :)

One of my favorite things: chatting on the porch swing with an old friend (which I did today!)

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, get blood work done, read, brainstorm ministry ideas for church, eat lots of peaches :)

Some pictures of this week around here:

{Mom and some of her beloved peaches}

{Tomatoes from the neighbors-mom is canning them too}

{My brother and friend sleeping in the hammocks}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice portrait, Angela! I enjoyed stepping into your world for a moment. The pictures are very fun, too! What craziness with all those peaches! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been in tip-top shape lately, and hope the blood-work can help you and your doctor towards a solution.

- Adelle