Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Show Me

Some seasons are filled with unspeakable joy and fulfillment. Other seasons are for trials that bring growth and build character. Both are equally necessary to become the vessels that God is fashioning us to be, so we can be used by Him. This season of my life has been much different than the last season-not necessarily bad-just different. God is teaching me that I am nothing without Him and I can do nothing without Him. He is everything. Even if I lost everything, He would be all I need. I believe it with my head, but it's a lot harder to convince my heart.

I recently came across this song by Audrey Assad and it's been on repeat for the last two days as I let the words sink into my soul.

"You could plant me like a tree beside a river.
you could tangle me in soil and let my roots run wild.
And I would blossom like a flower in the desert.
But for now just let me cry.

You could raise me like a banner in battle.
put victory like a fire behind my shining eyes.
I would drift like falling snow over the embers.
But for now just show me how to lie.

Bind up these broken bones.
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life.
But not before you show me how to die.

Set me like a star before the morning.
Like a song that steals the darkness from a world asleep.
And I'll illuminate the path you've laid before me.
But for now just let me be.

Bind up these broken bones.
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life.
But not until you show me how to die.

Let me go like a leaf upon the water.
Let me brave the wild currents flowing to the sea.
And I will disappear into a deeper beauty.

But for now just stay with me.
God for now just stay with me."


No comments: