Monday, May 25, 2009

Because it is 11:28pm and I haven't blogged in awhile...

11:28 pm...I could go to bed...or I could blog. Hmmm. Well I'm not tired so let me just give you a glimpse at the last few days :) Firstly, I must just say that I am SOOOOOOO excited to be back in Tennessee!!! A year ago I was living near Nashville, teaching at New Hope Academy and loving my life. Then I applied for the African Children's Choir and life took an exciting turn. After all the places I have traveled and all the people I have met along the way I still love it here in Tennessee and I miss the poeple here. Every church we have been to here has been wonderful. The landscape is beautiful and I just feel happy to be here. In two days we head to Brentwood where I get to see so many familiar faces and I can hardly wait! Who knows what God has in store for my future...but I kinda hope he brings me back here.

Tonight I had an apartment to myself with three of my girls and we had a BLAST. After eating dinner and going for a pleasant walk we did a little role playing. The girls colored pictures for me..the first was a bouquet of flowers which I am supposed to use for my wedding, then some shoes...a dress..and finally a picture of my prince charming. After all the wedding talk we decided to put on a wedding of our own. I pulled up some wedding march music on my computer, got out my shawl and we took turns playing the bride, prince, and pastor. Of course I got it all on video and it's hilarious. I hope you get to see it someday :) What wedding would be complete without a little beat boxing at the end? Ours that is...Rachel, our host is an R&B singer and she taught the girls how to beat box last night so they have been practicing. I laid aside any shyness tonight and broke out into my best (and first) attempt at beat boxing ever. The girls thought it was absolutly hilarious. Of course we got video of that too. There is no denying it now. I tucked them in and we spent some time in prayer. Now I sit listening to the thunder and rain outside, counting my blessings and thanking the Lord for a great day. I love going to bed feeling happy, content, and blessed. Signing off for now....Angela




No comments: