Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My favorite magic show




Iv'e never been THAT impressed with magic shows that I have seen over the years. Maybe I sat in awe as a kid at the "amazing" tricks that were performed before my eyes, but I certainly have no recollection of it. It's true that sometimes it doesn't matter you are doing, but rather who you are with. This past week a wonderful host from a church here in Georgia invited a Christian magician to come in and do a show for the kids one evening. I had to smile when he showed up with his magaicians garb, his big beard, and a parrot on his shoulders. I was actually pretty impressed with the guy...and of the course the kids were in awe. Some of them weren't too sure what to think. When he threatened to turn Uncle Steve into a frog Lillian burst into tears and had to leave the room. I eventually coaxed her back and I think she enjoyed the rest of the show. I was glad he began the show by explaining that he is a Christian and what he does is not actually magic, but just tricks. He produced a chinchilla from a box, and a rabbit from a hat. He brought a parrot out of a pan and turned our beloved Uncle Steve...not in to a frog..but into a super hero..of sorts...Chicken Nugget Man to be exact! The kids LOVE chicken nuggets, so of course they burst out laughing. I have to say it was my favorite magic show ever....

No comments: