Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CHANGE

I have thrived on change for as long as I can remember. One more reason why I viewed this position with the African Children's Choir as a perfect fit. CHANGE and FLEXIBILITY has certainly been key words for me these past 9 months. I still enjoy the change of scenery and all the things that make life interesting, but I do now recognize and value the importance of staying put sometimes and resting. It's amazing how much can change in one month, one week, one day, one hour, and one moment. I'm constantly reminded that God holds us in the palm of His hand and the blink of His eye things can change. I'm reminded of the verse that tells us that we can't know what is going to happen tomorrow so we musn't assume we will. God brings people to a place for a season of their lives and then he moves them on. Sometimes I'm grateful for this and sometimes it is so hard to say goodbye. Friday we are saying goodbye to Andrew, our tour leader (and friend) of the last 9 months. He has been a great spiritual leader, challenger, and friend on our team. God blessed us with his leadership and we appreciate Him so much. It's sad to say goodbye, but we know that God has called him elsewhere at this point. With Andrew gone Lindsey will be filling in as tour leader and I will be taking over speeches in the concert and media spots again (for at least awhile). Pray for our management team as they seek the Lord's guidance in making a decision about a new leader for our choir. Pray also for the kids and the team as we adapt to the upcoming changes. There are a lot of role changes and we need each others support.

No comments: