Thursday, May 14, 2009

Transition

After several days without email access, I am enjoying a leisurly day off at Panera Bread, catching up on emails and such. I have to say Panera has become one of my favorite hang out places. Cinnamon crisp bagels, hazelnut coffee, chicken frontega sandwiches, free wi-fi? What more could a girl ask for? :) I will happily eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner here any day!
Transition is probably the word that would describe these past few weeks most accurately. Steve left for vacation, Lindsey came back, Andrew went home for good, Lindsey became tour leader, I took over concert speeches again, and tomorrow we go from Georgia to Tennessee! I can't wait to get back. I only spent three months there, but in some way it feels a bit like going "home." It's a familiar place full of people I love and miss. Not only are all the adults going through many changes, but the kids, in addition to experiencing changes with their aunties and uncles, are growing up and going through many changes of their own. The boys are beginning to talk about growing beards and a few are very concerned by the fact that they are growing hair on their legs and toes! Even after explaining how normal that is they insist on plucking it and asking the aunties if they can shave it. Haha. 22 pre-adolescents on the road makes for some pretty interesting conversation sometimes. I'm sure there is much more to come!


Thank you so much for your prayers as we continue to serve the Lord and these children through many transitions. The team is doing well. Lindsey makes a great tour leader and we look forward to what God will do in the near future in and through us. Please continue to pray for wisdom, health, safety, energy, and God's provision for my financial needs. In faith we live and move and breathe!

No comments: