Friday, September 11, 2009

CANADA!

Praise the Lord for mini-vacations! The past 24 hours have been the greatest blessing. Yesterday morning Laura and I arose around 5am and caught a taxi to the Detroit Greyhound station. Yes, it was very sketchy...but in true Angela fashion, I ran into a guy at the station that I went to school with at Moody! Laura will never let me live down the fact that I know people EVERYWHERE we go.Haha. The three of us survived the Detroit station together and hopped a bus to CANADA! Praise the Lord we had no trouble getting across the border. Laura's family lives in London, Ontario and I am so excited to finally have the chance to meet them and experience the place Laura grew up. As much as we love our little African children, it has been soooooooo nice to take a break. We went to the market, had a beautiful lunch at an outdoor restaurant, and explored Port Stanley. Yesterday I got to see Ontario for the first time and Lake Erie. All right! What a treat to enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the beach, eating ice cream and exploring cute little boutiques with Laura and her parents. I'm happy to report that Laura's mom knows how to cook the most beautiful meals and how to be a lovley host. She even made me the best carrot cake I have ever had to celebrate my birthday two days early! God bless her! After a quick walk to Tim Horton's for coffee this morning we are off to have a lovely lunch and head back across the border to meet up with the children and the team. Anway, just wanted to give a quick update from Ontario :)
Have a great day!
Ang










No comments: