Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Has Arrived!

9.21.09
Fall has arrived! Today marks the beginning of my favorite season. I love the changing of the leaves, the cooler weather, jeans and sweaters, hot drinks, and football games :) Today was long..with all the paper work, teaching, inventory counting, etc. I didn't even have a chance to eat lunch today-it was a candy bar on the run. Sad I know. By the time I dragged myself back to the host home all I wanted to do was lay down and be alone. I planned to go for a walk and the girls were going to go to the park, but as soon as we stepped out onto to the porch it began to pour down rain. Racheal, Esther, and I stood and watched the rain for a few minutes and then we said, “what the heck, let's go play in the rain” So we rolled up our pants, took off our socks and shoes and ran off into the rain. We danced, skipped, and ran down the street, jumping in the puddles, and playing soccer with some red apples we found on the ground. People driving down the street might have thought we were crazy, but we were perfectly happy, enjoying life. The girls with their giggles, smiles, and pure love of life pulled me right out of my tired, grouchy mood and reminded me what life is all about. We found a tree that had begun to turn brilliant shades of red, yellow, and orange, and was dropping it's rainbow colored leaves at our feet. The girls I gleefully gathered our favorites and basked in a “first day of fall celebration.” After arriving home soaking wet, we took hot showers, drank some hot chocolate, listened to Disney music, and arranged our leaves to dry so we can press them and make some beautiful cards! I am thankful to the Lord for knowing what I need better than I do. He used two beautiful girls and some rain to kick me out of my self pity slump and show me how to make the most out of what I have.

No comments: