Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

I love being an auntie to boys...last night I stayed with 6 of the boys and we had a party here in beautiful Charleston, West Virginia. Yes, it included me walking around with a baseball cap on sideways, saying "Yo, what's up boy?" Hehe. I love my job. It also included me up at 11:30 giving out cough medicine and throat losenges (sp?) because nobody could sleep. I don't mind that part either. I like taking care of sick kids. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the evening...
"I didn't know what beauty was until I saw your face" -Nelson to Auntie Angela

"Hello, my name is Hanny. When I grow up I want to be a honey man." -Hanny

"Leadership is hard...people want different rules. I would rather be a minister and bring people close to God and teach his rules, rather than be a king making my own rules for people." -Nelson

"I wish I had your voice Nelson. I would scare people." -Geofrey

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" -host son
"Is that English?" -Nelson

"Girls are crazy. They get annoyed and stay annoyed for years." -Lino

"Boys, don't buy me a python for Christmas. I won't write you letters when you go back to Uganda." -Me (after the boys were looking at pictures of snakes and talking about how I need one)
At bedtime I had just tucked the boys in when they all jumped out of bed. Gilbert shouted "remember what Auntie Laura said?" They all started circling me and then jumped on me on the bed in a huge dog pile. We all started laughing and our host said, "We call that a dog pile. What do you call it?" They said, "a sandwich hug!" Then all I heard was, "Auntie Angela is the tomato..I am the cheese...I am the mayonaise!" Hahaha. Thank Auntie Laura. Loved the bedtime hug.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I loved the quote about girls getting annoyed and staying annoyed for years. I just posted about that very thing. So, so true. :) You have precious little people. I'm so happy for you.