Friday, January 23, 2009

A bump in the road...

It's been quite a week...but I have much to be thankful for. Over the past week or so I have experienced so many people who have shown me what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Though my family is several states away I have realized that the body of Christ is truly my family and what a great family they have been to me. I found out earlier this week that I had a cyst at the base of my spine. It was quite painful for a few days..I could barely sit or lay down or walk. A wonderful doctor at a church in Austin looked at me and was able to get me in to see a surgeon friend of his. It all happened rather fast, but I was able to have a quick surgery on Tuesday to drain the cyst. It's difficult to be sick on the road, but thanks to a wonderful family here in Austin, I was able to stay put and rest for a few days. It's been a good recovery and I am feeling much better physically and mentally. Today I go back for a follow up and hopefully he will send me off with good news. I plan to meet back up with my kids tonight and continue on with this adventure. It's been a challenge but I am so grateful for the people who have taken care of me. I feel so well looked after. Thanks to those of you who were praying for me. I covet your continued prayers for quick recovery and no complications. Our God is good!

No comments: