Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Andy Griffith

I remember watching the Andy Griffith show at my grandparents house when I was a kid. I loved watching all those old shows. Television used to be worthwile and funny, now it just makes me sick or worries me, or makes me wish I had a boyfriend or different clothes. Pointless. Today I took a walk down memory lane in Mount Airy, NC. I'm staying with my friend Kimi, from Moody, and her husband Adam for a few days vacation. This afternoon we decided to take off and go to the hometown of Andy Griffith. It's a pretty tourists place, but we had fun playing tourist. We got to see the real squad car used in the show and did some shopping. Apparently we were close to getting arrested too...I went on some private property to get a picture in a rare laurelwood gazebo and a lady jumped out of her car and came running to tell us to get off the property. I guess they have been having trouble with trespassers and the police had just left a few minutes earlier. She was worried they would see us and arrest us. Ha! Would have made a great story. We managed to stay out of trouble the rest of the day, but got some good pics :)









No comments: