Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rainy School Days

Today I am having a hard time with organized/structured learning. I am a firm believer that children learn best when they are doing something hands on and talking about it. Some days we do that, but in Uganda school is mostly done sitting still and quiet, so I find myself trying to uphold that expectation. Some days it near drives me crazy. Hurrican Ida has left us with a few days of heavy rains and high winds so the children haven't been outside for a couple days. They are a little stir crazy and so am I. This morning we are trying to make some thank you cards. They are cute, but the only think getting me through is my hot tea and good music :) Lord give me patience.

Tonight I am making pork loin . Never made pork loin before, but I found a tasty looking recipe online. Hope it turns out as good as the last few meals. Here's hoping!!!

P.S. Did you know you can make at least 264 words with the letters in the word edification? Crazy.

No comments: