Saturday, November 28, 2009

In Christ Alone


In Christ Alone is one of my all time favorite songs. It has a lot of meaning in my life and brings up many memories. Five years ago I sat in Torrey Gray Auditorium at Moody Bible Institute listening to that song for the first time ever. I cried. It was then and there that God showed me that he wanted me to move to Chicago to attend Moody. Much has happened since that day, I graduated with my degree and have been many places, but I still love the song just as much, if not more. Tonight the words of the song floated through the room here at Mirembe during devotions, as the children wrote down what Christ has done for them. They pinned their papers to a handmade wooden cross that Geofrey and I made this afternoon. As I watched them, I thought back to that day at Moody and marveled at how far I have come. I just finished reading back over the 112 blog entries I have written on tour, to prepare myself for debriefing. It's crazy to see it all written down. Thanks for prayerfully following the journey with me.

No comments: