Tuesday, October 28, 2008

BIBLES!


The kids received their very first brand new Bibles today. I can venture to say I have never seen anybody so excited to have their very own copy of God's word. Thank you to the people at St. Paul's in Evansville for giving this generous gift. The kids will cherish them forever. At home tonight I sat on the couch with Gilbert, Mo, and Patrick as they flipped through the pages, read passages, studied maps, and looked up verses they know. Their excitement and eagerness fueled my hunger to be in God's word and gave me a renewed desire to be in the word every day. I read to the boys from their Bibles at bedtime and we talked about faithfulness. They have pure and curious hearts and I am honored to have the chance to pour into them and disciple them.

No comments: