Friday, October 10, 2008

Moody Chapel

I walked in to the church last night and informed Andrew that it had been one of the best days of my life. He chuckled at me, but I wasn't kidding or being sarcastic. Yesterday really does rank as one of the top three days of my entire life so far. The kids sang before a packed audience at Moody Bible Institute, my Alma Mater. I've been looking forward to this day ever since the school agreed to host a concert. Torrey Gray Auditorium was packed with probably 1200-1300 people and I have never seen such energy in a Moody chapel. The students were on their feet clapping and and cheering the entire concert. The kids were excited, as this was by far the largest, most energetic crowd they have sang for. I stood in the front row, surrounded by good friends, just trying to take it all in. My heart was flooded with emotion and excitement. At the end of the concert I took the stage to share a bit about my experience of graduating from Moody and then getting connected with the African Children's Choir. All the days I spent sitting in that chapel as a student, I never imagined that I would have the chance to get on stage and speak to the whole student body (especially flanked by 22 African children!). It was a very exciting moment for me, which I will never forget. The kids ate lunch in the student dining room and the whole place was buzzing with excitment. It was a beautiful moment for me when I got to introduce my kids to Mrs. Kendrick and Mrs. Fledderjohann, who taught me how to teach. The kids greeted them with hugs and I smiled at how God has brought me back to this place where he prepared me in so many ways to travel this journey He has me on. Every day is exciting, but this day was quite memorable.

No comments: